Education and Community Programs
Citi Performing Arts Center's arts education programs are inspiring the next generation of creative thinkers, doers, and leaders.
Now more than ever, creativity is essential for future leaders in every industry. The arts not only instill creativity but support academic achievement by encouraging positive attitudes about school, providing a new lens to understand academic concepts, improving retention, and even increasing graduation rates.
Citi Center's youth participants measurably:Develop confidence, leadership and job skills using the arts as a platform.
- 66% of youth increase their comfort working in group and exchanging ideas.
- 40% of youth had no previous arts exposure before participating.
- 73% of youth express desire to continue arts learning after participating.
- 86% of youth use their performance to express themselves to an audience.
- 68% of youth increase their comfort expressing themselves confidently in the classroom.
- 73% of youth and 100% of teachers recognize broader application of arts to other classroom learning.
2014 City Spotlights Leadership Program -
31 City Spotlights Leaders
By The Numbers
13+ Guest Speakers/Artists
99 Street Performances
14,125 Audience Members
1,143 Children participated in interactive workshops led by Teen Leaders
19 Community Center, Camp, and Library Interactive Workshop Sites
22 Neighborhoods reached through Street Performances and Community Workshops
220+ Final Showcase Audience Members