Welcome to Citi Performing Arts Center, New England's leading nonprofit performing arts institution. The Emerson Colonial Theatre is designated as a Boston Landmark.
Citi Performing Arts Center continuously strives to make the arts accessible to all. Careful attention has been and continues to be given to ensure that all program areas of our theatres are accessible. We place the highest priority on the comfort and safety of its patrons. To this end, we recognize the needs of persons with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and subsequent modifications.
- The House Staff is at the service of patrons with disabilities and communication disorders.
- The Colonial Theatre is equipped with a barrier free entrance and drop-off area.
- There is no elevator at the Colonial Theatre.
- Citi Performing Arts Center offers accessible and companion seating in a variety of prices and locations throughout the Theatre. Tickets may be purchased online, by calling (866) 348-9738 (TTY 888-889-8587) or the Citi Performing Arts Center Box Office in person, Tuesday - Saturday, 12 Noon to 6 PM. Please inform the ticket seller you would like to purchase accessible seats.
- Restrooms are located on all levels.
- Handicapped accessible restrooms are located on the orchestra level.
- The Colonial Theatre is equipped with an FM listening device. Headsets are available free of charge and are subject to availability. A proper form of identification will be needed to secure use and will be returned upon receipt of headset return. Headsets can typically be obtained at the Head Usher's desk.
- Large print programs are usually available at the Head Usher's desk.
- Each season, American Sign Language interpreted and audio described performances of selected shows are offered at Citi Performing Arts Center.